Gravimetric measurements constitute a valuable means to explore large-scale structures as well as local inhomogenities in rock density. Gravimetry is usually applied to:
- Regional-scale surveys
- Gravimetric ordinance survey
- Mapping of regional geological structures and fault zones
- Mapping of salt structures
- Hydrocarbon reservoirs
- Lignite deposits
- Engineering and environmental geophysics
- Dumps and waste deposits
- Near-surface cavities, karst, subrosion
For gravimetric surveys we own several metal spring gravimeters (LaCoste-Romberg) and automatic quarz-spring gravimeters (Scintrex).
The indispensible high-precision geodetic surveying is done with RTK DGPS or tacheometers of Trimble and Stonex.